In 1983, Mission Housing Development Corp. founded Caritas Management Corporation, a wholly-owned property management company to manage affordable housing in a way that enhances the quality of life for residents and the surrounding community. The company now manages more than 800 units of Mission Housing property, including family housing, senior housing, and SRO housing.
Caritas Management Corporation markets services to other property owners. The company manages more than 1,500 units for ten clients in San Francisco and other regions.
In addition to providing comprehensive property management services, Caritas Management Corporation provides these specialized services:
- Pre-development consultation on housing management plans
- Design of Single Room Occupancy and service enriched housing, specializing in subsidized housing and single-room occupancy hotels
- Identification and selection of building materials
- Financial management
- Rent-up and on-going leasing
- Maintenance, janitorial, and security
- Technical assistance and training to on-site housing management staff