Activity and Program Coordinator/COVID-19 Crisis Response (Temporary/Part- Time)
Job Title: Activity and Program Coordinator/COVID-19 Crisis Response (Temporary/Part- Time)
Location: San Francisco/Family, SROs-Formerly Homeless, Senior and Scatter Sites
Department: Resident Services Department
Reports To: Associate Director of Resident Services
Job Status: Part-time (20 hrs. per week) Non-Exempt, Temporary (not to exceed 6 months)
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of the job. Accommodations due to disability or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law.
About Mission Housing:
Mission Housing Development Corporation is a private non-profit housing developer founded in 1971. Mission Housing develops high-quality, well-managed, affordable, sustainable communities that promote the self-sufficiency of low and moderate income families, seniors, and persons with diverse needs and offers technical assistance to service providers to help them develop affordable housing that meets the needs of special populations with a comprehensive vision of community. We own approximately 43 affordable housing buildings serving over 3,500 families and individuals with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds in San Francisco’s Mission District. In 2021, Mission Housing celebrates its 50th anniversary.
Its Resident Services component seeks to foster healthy communities and promote self-sufficiency by improving community relations, facilitating access to resources, and providing opportunities for personal goal achievement for residents of Mission Housing’s communities.
The Activity and Program Coordinator/COVID-19 Crisis Response will spend the majority of the time working on coordinating and assisting other Resident Services Coordinators in the preparation of activities, events and programs. This position will work with the Associate Director of Resident Services to ensure all the required materials are available for all activities, a room or space is reserved for the event and any promotional materials are developed and distributed in advance of the programs. The Activity and Program Coordinator/COVID-19 Crisis Response may be responsible for all programs at their place of work or may work with other Resident Services Coordinators in larger facilities or organizations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with organizing, planning, coordinating and executing community building activities such as COVID-19 Crisis Response, Food Pantry/Food Access Program and Outreach Campaigns at the Family, SROs and Senior Sites.
- Willing to travel in order to assist as needed at all family, senior and SRO sites.
- Comply with all other requests and tasks as assigned by supervisors.
- Compile information and eligibility requirements for neighborhood and City-wide resources.
- Organize community resource displays with information, forms, flyers and applications as well as door to door outreach.
- Offer all residents information about alternative social services and programs.
Programs and Activities:
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events on-site such as Food Pantries, Social Gathering, COVID Educational outreach activities including vaccination and testing Clinic, Food deliveries, educational speakers and workshops that fulfill compliance requirements for Mission Housing Regulatory Agreements for assigned sites. This may include topics such as but not limited to: health issues, financial literacy, computer training, job searching, food secure and other life skills.
- Exchanges resources with other Resident Services staff and collaborate on programs and community-building activities, as appropriate.
- Produce a monthly calendar and/or flyers of events and activities.
- Accurately complete and submit timesheets by deadlines, reporting hours of work performed and allocating time on CAS report, monthly service reports, grant reports, activities budgets, program reporting, and any other required paperwork/reporting needed for the department.
- Conduct surveys to assess resident needs, tabulating survey results to evaluate programs in order to plan relevant programs for the communities that you serve.
- Responsible for maintaining a current and updated outlook calendar of activities at assigned sites.
- Maintain thorough resident files on all work performed, follow up and document outcomes.
- Attend appropriate internal and external meetings as assigned by supervisor or Department Head. Such meetings may include: Resident Services Department Meetings, Staff Training, Programs Supportive Housing Network meetings, Public Hearings, Community Meetings, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or two years of experience in community services coordination and social service in lieu of degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds
- Experience working with diverse population, low to moderate income families, people with mental health issues, substance abuse, disabilities, legal issues and older adults
- Team player, enthusiastic, flexible, patient, problem solver, strong initiative, positive spirited and a desire to make a difference in the lives of residents
- Professional commitment to the mission of Mission Housing Development Corporation
- Possession of a valid California Driver License with clean record
- Knowledge of Federal and State benefits programs and local services in the Mission District and San Francisco.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and community building.
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly and professionally in both a written and oral manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information a must.
- Ability to follow through and complete job duties when assigned in a timely manner.
- Sensitivity to issues pertaining to families, seniors, youth populations as well as single individuals.
- Ability to troubleshoot and prioritize work.
- Physically able to perform duties such as standing for long periods, squatting, bending and lifting heavy objects.
- Ability to remain calm and composed in stressful situations and exercise crisis de-escalation and resolution skills where appropriate.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Internet.
Preferred: Bilingual in Spanish and/or additional languages.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be willing to travel from various sites.
- Ability to handle a significant level of stress.
- Responsible to set up and clean up facilities utilized for events with occasional lifting, bending and pushing.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and drive.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate; construction sites may be noisy and appropriate measures should be taken to protect hearing and health on job sites.
**Disclaimer: The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties including rotating sites if necessary.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please let us know if you need any special accommodations.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is a drug free work place as required by the “Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988”
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.