Administrative Assistant, Asset Management
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Asset Management
Department: Asset Management
Location: San Francisco
Reports To: Senior Asset Manager
Job Status: Full-Time/Nonexempt
Compensation: $24.04/hr. to $28.85/hr. DOE (annualized: $50,000.00/yr. to $60,000.00/yr.), medical, dental, vision & retirement plan
ABOUT MISSION HOUSING
Mission Housing Development Corporation (MHDC) develops high-quality, well-managed, affordable, sustainable communities that promote the self-sufficiency of low- and moderate- income families, seniors, and persons with diverse needs and offers technical assistance to service providers that meets the needs of special populations with a comprehensive vision of community. MHDC own approximately 37 affordable housing buildings serving over 3,500 families and individuals with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds in San Francisco’s Mission District. In 2021, Mission Housing celebrates its 50th anniversary.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Asset Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support and project-based support to the staff of the Asset Management Department.
Key responsibilities include but not be limited to day-to-day administrative support, uploading financials documents to server, maintaining files and the organization of documents on the server, preparing and producing various reports, updating databases, preparing flyers, newsletters, proposals and special assignments. Create trackers for monthly, quarterly and annual reports requirements and update as reports are due, sent and filed on server. Assist with incoming monthly invoices, sending out to property management and creating a filing system. Assist with tracking capital needs, bids, work completed and update tracker monthly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and update reporting requirements schedule for all reports to partners and agencies.
- Assist with the creation of correspondence, including tenant/community notices, and distributes out-going correspondence via fax, mail, or e-mail, as needed.
- Writes and edits various materials utilizing Word and Excel, as needed. Independently manages administrative functions for each community.
- Schedules and confirms meetings, conference calls, and meeting spaces as needed.
- Attends project meetings with consultants, tenants and other stakeholders, as needed.
- Acts regularly as a liaison with internal departments, outside vendors and other parties.
- Assists with project files or database. Produces reports as requested. Maintains and controls confidential files, information and all materials.
- Prepares check requests, invoicing and budget trackers for review by supervisor.
- Prepares quarterly project financial analysis and narratives for each community.
- Performs other tasks as requested to ensure the smooth functioning and other activities. Assists with various projects and supports the team.
- Multi-lingual in Spanish or Chinese, preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, business development, communications, or related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of demonstrated experience in related work, preferably affordable housing.
- Detail-oriented, especially in creation and analysis of financial spreadsheets.
- Relate positively to people from diverse backgrounds and professional levels.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to privileged legal and financial matters.
- Take direction and ask questions to ensure complete understanding.
- Multi-task and prioritize duties.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbally and written communication.
- Computer proficiency level in Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Treat a variety of people with respect and compassion.
- Represent Mission Housing in a professional manner at all times.
- Understand and commit to the Mission and Values of Mission Housing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; move from one location to another; reach; communicate to various individuals; occasionally climb and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVISION
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Please let us know if you need any special accommodations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is a drug-free work place as required by the “Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988”.
Salary: $24.04/hr. to $28.85/hr. DOE (annualized: $50,000.00/yr. to $60,000.00/yr.)
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.