Administrative Assistant, Construction
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Construction
Location: San Francisco
Reports To: Project Construction Manager
Job Status: Full-Time/Nonexempt
Compensation: $24.04/hr. to $28.85/hr. DOE (annualized: $50,000.00/yr. to $60,000.00/yr.), medical, dental, vision & retirement plan
ABOUT MISSION HOUSING
Mission Housing Development Corporation (MHDC) develops high-quality, well-managed, affordable, sustainable communities that promote the self-sufficiency of low- and moderate- income families, seniors, and persons with diverse needs and offers technical assistance to service providers that meets the needs of special populations with a comprehensive vision of community. MHDC own approximately 37 affordable housing buildings serving over 3,500 families and individuals with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds in San Francisco’s Mission District. In 2021, Mission Housing celebrates its 50th anniversary.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Construction Manager, the Administrative Assistant, Construction, is responsible for providing administrative and project-based support to the staff of the Construction Department.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to providing day-to-day administrative and project support, maintaining files and organizational documents, preparing and producing various reports regarding department activities, scheduling meetings, updating databases, and special assignments.
- Update the initial project budget
- Assist in maintaining well-organized project digital and physical files.
- Work with senior staff to evaluate individual project needs and coordinate with consultants.
- Source material/project samples, obtain cost estimates from outside vendors and develop strong vendor relationships.
- Participate in in-person meetings.
- Perform document evaluation and researching relevant information and product research.
- Prepare design illustrations or rough sketches and presentation graphics.
- Take notes and prepare meeting minutes.
- Performs other tasks, as requested, to ensure the smooth functioning of the department and other activities.
- 0-3 years of administrative support experience; some project management experience, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively within project teams
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize duties
- Proficiency in MS Microsoft and familiarity in Adobe Creative Cloud applications & Bluebeam REVU.
- Detail-oriented, especially in creation and analysis of research and reports.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to privileged legal and financial matters.
- Ability to take direction and ask questions to ensure complete understanding.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; move from one location to another; reach; communicate to various individuals; occasionally climb and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVISION
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Please let us know if you need any special accommodations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is a drug-free work place as required by the “Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988”.
Salary Range: $24.04/hr. to $28.85/hr. DOE (annualized: $50,000.00/yr. to $60,000.00/yr.)
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.