A.H.O.R.A. — CCSF Internship Program for Community Engagement
We are seeking an intern to support our Community Engagement and Resident Services Department, as well as other areas of work. Under the guidance and supervision of Program Managers the intern will assist with community outreach, forums and other public presentations. Develop and co-facilitate workshops and community learning sessions. Conduct community outreach and participatory-based design meetings for new affordable housing opportunities. The Intern will also gain exposure to direct services, supporting staff in the coordination and implementation of program activities for residents. A series of activities will include food pantries, cultural art making, popular education on social issues, and COVID response services.
About our Organization:
Mission Housing Development Corporation develops high-quality, well-managed, affordable, sustainable homes and communities that promote the self-sufficiency of low and moderate income families, seniors, and persons with diverse needs. Mission Housing offers technical assistance to service providers to help them develop affordable housing that meets the needs of special populations.
The Intern should be passionate about affordable housing and community empowerment, and work hard towards contributing to the overall mission of the organization. Mission Housing is committed to provide guidance and career development in exchange for your dedication.
- Strong Interest in affordable housing and resident empowerment, including social and racial justice, and direct social services.
- Familiar with the neighborhoods and communities that Mission Housing serves
- Available to work 15-20 hours per week remotely and at various locations throughout Southeast San Francisco
- Willingness to learn, ask questions, and be creative
- Must be enrolled in CCSF working toward a degree or certificate program for Social Justice, or Community Organizing.
- Comfortable with MS Office Suite, Google Documents, Word, email, MS Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse residents and staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary to succeed at this position
- Strong people skills
AHORA interns are temporary, part-time team members who will work an average of 15-120 hours a week, from February 8 to May 26. Work will be completed remotely from home and on-site at our program sites located in Southeast SF. Evening and weekends may be required. As an Affordable Housing provider we are operating as an essential business during San Francisco’s shelter-in-place order and will follow best practices and public health guidance to create a safe and healthy work environment.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disabilities. Please let us know if you need any special accommodations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is a drug free work place as required by the “Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.”
This internship position reports to the Community Engagement Manager. Please apply by filling out an application at http://bit.ly/mhdc-ahora-c1
For Any questions, please contact Oscar Grande, Community Workforce Manager email@example.com