The Asset Manager acts as Owner’s Representative in relation to the physical and financial status of each property in the assigned portfolio and protect the financial health and long-term viability of the portfolio.
- Reviews and approves annual property management budgets
- Monitors property operations results in relation to budgets/ ops reviews. Identifies and manages property(ies) on the watch list/critical list
- Manages construction draws on small scale capital improvement projects for properties in assigned portfolio
- Creates and updates asset business plans focused on identifying and mitigating property related risk
- Performs/monitors property inspections (including annual inspections)
- Identifies opportunities for refinancing
- Leads commercial tenant lease negotiations and lease execution as applicable
- Manages capital needs assessments and develops capital plans
- Will work as part of a dedicated and supportive asset management team in the San Francisco office
- Experience in affordable housing is required
*This is a brief description summarizing the abilities needed for the position.
About Our Organization:
Mission Housing Development Corporation develops high-quality, well-managed, affordable, sustainable homes and communities that promote the self-sufficiency of low and moderate income families, seniors, and persons with diverse needs. Mission Housing offers technical assistance to service providers to help them develop affordable housing that meets the needs of special populations.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, business, or related field strongly preferred
- Certified Property Manager (CPM) of Certified Housing Asset Management (CHAM) designation is strongly preferred
- Minimum of one year of real estate industry experience, preferably affordable housing or multifamily real estate with exposure to commercial real estate
- Develop consensus within and between diverse groups
- Able to negotiate
- Resolve conflicts through negotiations and maintain relationships during difficult situations
- Strong time management and organizational skills with attention to detail, and technical project management
- Meet deadlines and work under pressure, with interruptions
- Prioritize effectively with tight time constraints
- Achieve results for the organization with and through other people utilizing creative and innovative solutions
- Work successfully in a collaborative manner, with a complex organization
- Work on several projects at the same time with constant interruptions
- Read, interpret, and comment on financial statements and legal documents
- Make limited contractual and expenditure decisions within corporate guidelines
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite and property management software i.e. YARDI.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and relationship management skills
- Extensive problem solving and flexibility while remaining focused on solutions
- Treat a variety of people with respect and compassion
- Represent Mission Housing Development Corporation in a professional manner at all times
- Understand and commit to the Mission and Philosophy of Mission Housing Development Corporation
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and drive.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. However, construction sites may be noisy and appropriate measures should be taken to protect hearing and health on job sites.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disabilities. Please let us know if you need any special accommodations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is a drug free work place as required by the “Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988”
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year DOE
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org