Job Title: Asset Manager
Location: San Francisco. Temporarily, during the pandemic, the position can be performed remotely, with in-office/on-site work as needed by the business.
Department: Asset Management
Reports To: Senior Asset Manager
Job Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Compensation: $90,000.00 per year, DOE
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Note: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of the job. Accommodations due to disability or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law.
About Mission Housing:
Mission Housing Development Corporation is a private non-profit housing developer founded in 1971. Mission Housing develops high-quality, well-managed, affordable, sustainable communities that promote the self-sufficiency of low and moderate income families, seniors, and persons with diverse needs. We offer technical assistance to service providers to help them develop affordable housing that meets the needs of special populations with a comprehensive vision of community. We own approximately 49 affordable housing buildings serving over 3,300 residents with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds in San Francisco.
The Asset Manager acts as Owner’s Representative in relation to the physical and financial status of each property in the assigned portfolio and protect the financial health and long-term viability of the portfolio.
- Reviews and approves annual property management budgets
- Responds to investor(s) reports and inquiries within given deadlines
- Monitors property operations results in relation to budgets/ ops reviews. Identifies and manages property(ies) on the watch list/critical list
- Manages construction draws on small scale capital improvement projects for properties in assigned portfolio
- Creates and updates asset business plans focused on identifying and mitigating property related risk
- Performs/monitors property inspections (including annual inspections)
- Identifies opportunities for refinancing
- Leads commercial tenant lease negotiations and lease execution (as applicable)
- Manages capital needs assessments and develops capital plans
- Works as part of a dedicated and supportive asset management team
- Develops consensus within and between diverse groups
- Resolves conflicts through negotiations and maintain relationships during difficult situations
- Meets deadlines and work under pressure, with interruptions
- Prioritizes effectively with limited time constraints
- Achieves results across departments and partners utilizing creative and innovative solutions
- Works successfully in a collaborative manner, with a complex organization
- Works on several projects at the same time with constant interruptions
- Reads, interprets, and comments on financial statements and legal documents
- Makes limited contractual and expenditure decisions within corporate guidelines
- Treats a variety of people with respect and compassion
- Represents Mission Housing Development Corporation in a professional manner at all times
- Understands and commits to the mission and philosophy of Mission Housing Development Corporation
*This is a brief description summarizing the abilities needed for the position.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, business, or related field strongly preferred
- Experience in affordable housing is required
- Minimum of one year of real estate and/or property management experience, preferably within affordable housing or multifamily real estate with exposure to commercial real estate
- Certified Property Manager (CPM) of Certified Housing Asset Management (CHAM) designation is strongly preferred
- Able to negotiate
- Strong time management and organizational skills with attention to detail, and technical project management
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite and property management software i.e. YARDI.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and relationship management skills
- Extensive problem solving and flexibility while remaining focused on solutions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and drive.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. However, construction sites may be noisy and appropriate measures should be taken to protect hearing and health on job sites.
**Disclaimer: The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties including rotating sites if necessary.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please let us know if you need any special accommodations.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is a drug free work place as required by the “Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988”
Compensation: $90,000.00 per year, DOE
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.