Job Title: Asset/Project/Accounting Manager
Department: Asset Management
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Status: Full-time/Exempt
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Our Organization:
Mission Housing Development Corporation develops high-quality, well-managed, affordable, sustainable homes and communities that promote the self-sufficiency of low and moderate income families, seniors, and persons with diverse needs. Mission Housing offers technical assistance to service providers to help them develop affordable housing that meets the needs of special populations.
The Asset/Project/Accounting Manager will assist in overseeing and ensuring the financial and physical health of an affordable housing portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Asset Management – 50%
- Obtain and review property monthly financial and operating statements to ensure appropriate efficiency.
- Assist in the preparation of annual governmental reporting and other compliance processes.
- Correspond and communicate with financial institutions such as lending agency and institution staff, limited partners and other investors.
- Assist in overseeing the annual property budgeting process and annual audit review process.
- Engage relevant parties in financial workouts for properties with operational and cash flow challenges.
- Assist in implementing debt restructuring, recapitalization and re-syndication processes as needed.
- Perform project management responsibilities as necessary, inclusive of budgeting, loan draws, loan conversion and construction-related support for development projects.
- Assist with processing of accounts payable and assist in the collections of amounts owed.
- Any additional projects as assigned.
Project Management – 25%
- Locate and evaluate suitable sites for development and/or suitable existing buildings for acquisition.
- Determine economic feasibility for development.
- Research, prepare, and analyze development and operating budgets.
- Track project budgets and make payments to consultants and vendors for project-related expenses.
- Produce and manage project schedules.
- Oversee Planning Department and Building Department approval processes.
- Select and oversee all consultants including architects, contractors, and attorneys.
- Make necessary applications to local, state, and federal institutions for grants and/or financing.
- Comply with funders’ requirements and/or guidelines in all aspects of development.
- Review and interpret loan documents and regulatory agreements as well as other contractual documents.
- Coordinate, attend, and facilitate project-related meetings as necessary.
- Interact with local community groups as needed during planning, development, and/or rehabilitation of projects.
- Represent the agency to the public with respect to housing developments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Development Accounting – 25%
- Project budget reconciliation
- Analyze financial information
- Reconcile financial statements
- Assist in budget development, and prepare standard accounting and financial reports for management.
- Provide financial analyses, planning and forecasting
- Prepare financial reports for funding sources
- Produce documents required for regulatory or other agencies
- Identify and report cost and receivables information
- BA or graduate degree in finance or related field with 3-5 years of experience in real estate or finance or 5-7 years of related real estate experience.
- Ability to prepare financial feasibility analyses, conduct research and prepare narrative reports and proposals.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong management abilities and ability to lead by example.
- Good political instincts and judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with development professionals, public officials, and individuals of low and moderate income from multiple ethnic origins.
- Experience with, or strong interest, in non-profit, community-based organizations and commitment to the mission and goals of Mission Housing Development Corporation.
- Strong computer skills, primarily on Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to take direction in an environment where priorities can change suddenly.
- Ability to multi talk and work well under pressure.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disabilities. Please let us know if you need any special accommodations.
Mission housing Development Corporation is a drug free work place as required by the “Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988”
To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com