Community Workforce Job Manager
Job title: Community Workforce Job Manager
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
Job Status: Permanent, full-time (40-hrs per week) exempt position
Compensation: D.O.E., full medical, dental, vision and retirement plan _______________________________________________________________________________
About Our Organization:
Mission Housing Development Corporation develops high-quality, well-managed, affordable, sustainable homes and communities that promote the self-sufficiency of low and moderate income families, seniors, and persons with diverse needs. Mission Housing offers technical assistance to service providers to help them develop affordable housing that meets the needs of special populations.
Under general direction of the Deputy Executive Director, the Workforce Job Manager is responsible for leading the management development and sustainment of the Workforce Development program; identifying supportive funding via grants and donations; evaluating potential projects sites; ensuring projects are completed; recruiting residents into workforce opportunities; collaborating with Resident Services to identify and build relationships with resident leaders; coordinating participation in local and regional coalitions that strengthen the mission of MHDC and further community and political influence and win policies that demonstrate equitable community development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Development and Administration
- Lead and manage the development, and sustainment, of Workforce Development program.
- Create and implement internal systems, guidelines, and structure of Workforce Development program
- Lead in the identification, and seeking of supportive funding via grants, donations, and other sources
- Assist in creation of commercial opportunity sites process, evaluate potential project sites and feusability analysis.
- Ensure projects are completed to progress implementation, and development, of program(s).
Resident Leadership Development
- Coordinate with Resident Services Department Head to outreach, engage, and recruit residents into training, workforce, and advocacy opportunities.
- Compile curriculum exploring the intersect of economic justice, cooperative development, and social enterprises.
- Perform, and/or aid in supporting, trainings related to leadership, and skills development.
- Expand current, and develop new, relationships with community and agency partners.
- Assemble partnerships with organizations and/or consultants that can provide value-driven technical assistance.
Community Stewardship- Commercial Real Estate Assets
- Participate and work with Community Engagement, Resident Services, and Housing Development colleagues.
- Collaborate with Resident Services Department Head to identify, and build relationships with, cohort of resident leaders.
- Support cohort of resident leaders to become stewards of commercial real estate assets through engagement in social enterprise pathway efforts.
Grassroots Political Engagement
- Provide input and assist other senior-level staff in addressing issues associated to the Mission community, policy determinations, and organizational agenda setting.
- Coordinate participation in local and regional coalitions that strengthen the mission of
MHDC, further community and political influence, and win policies that demonstrate equitable community development.
The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties according to operations needs if necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Require Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience with training or learning & development
- Instructional design and facilitation experience.
- Effective communication skills regarding all levels of staff and diverse populations.
- Ability to complete multiple projects/tasks under competing deadlines with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Microsoft Office experience required (Strong PowerPoint skills – proficient with Excel).
- Creative ability and proficiency in writing.
- Working knowledge of learning management tools.
- Passionate about people development and ability to establish relationship and work with community partners.
- Interest in designing and delivering a professional development training approach to create innovative, unique, cost effective, learning solutions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills – capable of managing multiple learning projects, at various stages, at the same time.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience with program development and administration.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and drive.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. However, construction sites may be noisy and appropriate measures should be taken to protect hearing and health on job sites.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disabilities. Please let us know if you need any special accommodations.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is a drug free work place as required by the “Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988”
To Apply: Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.