Job Title: Compliance Specialist
Department: Asset Management
Reports to: Senior Asset Manager
Job Status: Full-time/Exempt
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
About Our Organization:
Mission Housing Development Corporation develops high-quality, well-managed, affordable, sustainable homes and communities that promote the self-sufficiency of low and moderate income families, seniors, and persons with diverse needs and offers technical assistance to service providers to help them develop affordable housing that meets the needs of special populations.
The Compliance Specialist (CS) for Mission Housing serves as a liaison with agency records and outside contractors to ensure that all issues related to programmatic compliance are met. The CS will secure a well-managed and well-maintained portfolio of master leased scattered site units throughout the community. This position will oversee all daily property management functions which include lease up, processing work orders, conducting inspections, issuing notices and lease violations, managing property management and tracking databases, maintaining electronic and hard copy files, posting charges and payments, managing a key system, processing invoices and timely and accurate reporting. The CS is also responsible for sourcing and securing new units on an ongoing basis.
- Two years of experience working in affordable housing and/or residential property management setting.
- Ability to organize and manage processes and facilitate schedules and logistics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Work, Excel & Outlook and Property Management or data tracking software.
- Schedule and coordinate on-going file reviews and ensure files for accuracy and compliance with income limit, rent limit, utility allowances based on regulatory agreements, partnership agreements, other program requirements and resident selection criteria.
- Keep current on all updates and changes in government agencies’ regulations e.g. TCAC, HUD, MOHCD, HCD etc.
- Assist asset management in preparing reports for funders, investors, and regulatory agencies;
- Update forms, documents, resident selection criteria;
- Maintain ongoing communications regarding compliance issues with Property Management and Asset Management;
- Coordinate with Property Management to ensure that all 1st year tenant files are in compliance;
- Provide compliance status reports for the entire portfolio to asset management;
- Participate in lease-up and/or marketing at new and existing properties;
- Assist Property Management in developing corrective action plans based on internal and external audit findings;
- Attend HUD trainings and LIHTC compliance workshops to stay updated;
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- Relevant experience in HUD, QI or Data collection.
- Associates Degree or some college credits.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; move from one location to another; reach; communicate to various individuals; occasionally climb and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVISION
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Please let us know if you need any special accommodations.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is a drug-free work place as required by the “Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988”.
To apply: send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org