Human Resources Manager
Position: Human Resources Manager
Location: Main Office
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
Job Status: Permanent/Full-Time/Exempt
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Under general oversight, the Human Resources Manager at Mission Housing will be responsible for ensuring that the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resources plans and programs are realized; will exercise excellent decision-making, strategic thinking, leadership, interpersonal and ethical conduct skills in a non-profit/affordable housing work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as the key contact for all Human Resources matters at Mission Housing.
- Handles and or coordinates investigation and resolution of employee issues, concerns and conflicts.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Responds to a wide variety of HR-related requests from employees, managers and the Executive Director.
- Manages talent acquisition process, including sourcing, interviewing, hiring and onboarding.
- Keeps job descriptions up-to-date, accurate and compliant with relevant federal, state and local laws for all positions.
- Develops training and performance management program that ensures all employees are familiar with their job responsibilities, as well as relevant legal and safety requirements.
- Creates and updates compensation strategy through market analysis and pay surveys.
- Ensures all employment practices comply with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; recommends awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Administers employee onboarding process including new hire orientation.
- Oversees and facilitates hiring process.
- Consults with company attorney as needed regarding sensitive and potentially high-risk HR issues.
- Builds and maintains relationships with insurance brokers, insurance carriers, recruiters, trainers, etc. in a professional and personable manner.
- Creates and initiates the implementation of HR policies, procedures, and other HR practices.
- Exercises discretion, confidentiality and independent judgment to perform HR services.
- Administers unemployment claims management.
- Administers workers compensation injury reporting.
- Administers leave of absence documentation and tracking.
- Initiates payment requests from Accounting Office to ensure that all insurance carriers are paid.
- Facilitates voluntary and involuntary separations; conducts exit interviews and separation meetings; analyzes exit interview data for trends in order to make improvement recommendations.
- Provides training and coaching to employees and managers.
- Oversees employee performance reviews and trains managers on concepts, processes and best practices.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies as needed.
- Oversees and participates in special projects.
- Accepts/performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ Degree in Human Resources or related business field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in a human resources position.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and or improve employee morale.
- Comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal employment laws.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Experience with employee relations.
- Onboarding experience.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Information Software (HRIS.)
- Performance management.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Customer service.
- Project management.
- PHR or SPHR certification.
- Strong understanding of HR software.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; feel; reach, talk and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be willing to travel from various sites.
- Ability to handle a significant level of stress.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and drive.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate; construction sites may be noisy and appropriate measures should be taken to protect hearing and health on job sites.
The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties including rotating sites if necessary.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disabilities. Please let us know if you need any special accommodations.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is a drug free work place as required by the “Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988”