Small Sites Engagement Coordinator
Apply on Indeed.com or email your resume and cover letter to HR@MissionHousing.org
About the Organization
Mission Housing Development Corporation develops high-quality, well-managed, affordable, sustainable homes and communities of low and moderate income families, seniors, and persons with diverse needs.
Position will be responsible for leading the outreach, and service coordination for our Small Site portfolio, consisting of buildings located across San Francisco.
Position will be aided by executive staff, as well as staff from the Resident Services Department.
Senior Community Engagement Coordinator
Responsibilities will include:
• Supports the Senior Community Engagement Coordinator with all administrative and logistical details related to the development and implementation of outreach and service plan
• Performs outreach duties to residents living in Mission Housing Small Site buildings
• Coordinates necessary services to residents
• Seeks out additional services for residents pertaining to their needs
• Serves as staff contact for residents
• Attends and assists (if/when needed) with ongoing resident meetings with Resident Service Coordinator(s)
• Valid California Drivers License, must be insurable
• 2 years previous experience working as a community organizer, outreach worker, or service provider
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to facilitate meetings, and coordinate services
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Google Documents, Word and PowerPoint, as well as working knowledge of spreadsheets and database software
• Strong commitment to the housing movement and/or social justice work
• Ability to develop and maintain good working relations with diverse residents and staff
• Special interest in building power among low-income people of color to fight for social, economic and racial justice
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
• Must be willing to travel from various sites.
• Ability to handle a significant level of stress.
• Responsible to set up and clean up facilities utilized for events with occasional lifting, bending and pushing.
Please submit cover letter along with resume.
**Disclaimer: The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties including rotating sites if necessary.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disabilities.
Please let us know if you need any special accommodations.
Mission Housing Development Corporation is a drug free work place as required by the “Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988”
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
• Dental Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Account
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Parental Leave
• Retirement Plan
• Vision Insurance
• Monday to Friday
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
• Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
• People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
• Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Company’s Facebook page:
• Waiting period may apply
• Temporarily due to COVID-19